8 Things to Remember When Using #Hashtags on Instagram!
Hashtags are an essential part of using Instagram for business! Whether your aim is to increase your engagement, increase sales or increase clients, using hashtags will help you towards these goals.
Here’s our little listicle of things to consider when using #hashtags…
1) Your account needs to be on ‘public’ to make your content viewable to people beyond just your followers. Then your target audience can find you easily from the hashtags that you use!
2) Instagram works by organizing and categorizing photos and videos under each hashtag. There’s a feature on Instagram where you can ‘follow’ a hashtag, meaning posts from people you don’t follow will come up on your feed if you’ve used a hashtag they follow.
This feature means hashtags can be a very powerful tool for your business, as you can attract new followers and customers!
3) Use hashtags that:
You can create one for your business using your brand name or tagline or any other phrases and words relevant to what you do and offer!
5) You can use up to 30 hashtags in an Instagram caption and up to 10 on Instagram stories. However, just because you can use 30 in a caption, doesn’t mean you should! Using too many can make your caption spammy, so try to stick to using around 11-15.
6) It's ok to use numbers - but avoid using special characters such as ‘!’ or ‘$’ as they’re not accepted!
8) To figure out which hashtags work for you and your business to get you the highest engagement, use Instagram insights.
This will show you how many of the impressions (the number of times a piece of content was displayed to the target audience) come from the hashtags.
Use 2 different sets of hashtags on 2 different posts and compare the impressions to see what is working and what isn’t.
It may take time to find the right hashtags for your business, but once you do, they can make a big difference!
We hope you found this blogpost helpful and if you have any questions, get in touch.
Blog created by Kirsty Hary for Kardia Social